Friday, April 11, 2014

Week 9

Week 9


Can't believe 9 weeks has gone by. As I was walking up the stairs to the NICU, smiling hello to the receptionist, I couldn't help but think I can't believe I have climbed these stairs countless times a day, everyday, for 9 weeks straight. As we're, hopefully, getting closer to the end I keep thinking back to the beginning and how much has changed. I used to both dread that walk up the stairs and run up them at the same time. So anxious to see Jackson but so scared of how he would be doing. I couldn't bring myself to smile at the receptionist. When they would politely ask how we were doing, Hunter would respond with a great, and I would ask how can you say that? We are not great! Our baby is in the NICU. And he would always remind me, but we are great. Our baby is here and we are with him and he's doing good. Even on the bad days, he's doing good and it could be worse. He's always been so positive and supportive throughout this. He is our rock. Happy 9 weeks sweet Jackson! FOJSP!!!

Jackson graduated to the open crib, I'm amazed how well he sleeps through the noisy NICU

Jackson got cuddles from both grandmas this week:

Grammy Kuwitzky

Grandma Parker

Bath time was more successful this week 

Jackson is finding his fingers more and loves sucking on them 

He likes to put his hands together more, which I've read is a good sign that he is learning how to calm and comfort himself



No comments:

Post a Comment