Friday, April 25, 2014

Week 11

Week 11



11 weeks! These updates have so been so amazing for us to document Jackson's Journey. Often I am able to remember/find when changes happened before the nurses and doctor can find it in his chart, which is about a foot thick by the way. For example, Day 25 was the first time we held him. Day 34 is when he came off the ventilator for the last time. Day 49 is when he had his first bottle. Thank you so much for following along. All of your comments, thoughts and prayers have meant so much to us. It has been a long road but it has given us strength to know we had all of our friends and family behind us. So THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts. 

In contrast to my impatient whine about being "patient" last week I thought I would share more pictures of Jackson. Because really, he's way cuter than anything I can say!  The nurses have told us he has attitude and the most 'vocal' expressions from the beginning. Here are a few of my favorites:

His 'Are you gonna give me my bottle or take another thousand pictures mom' face 

His 'You waited too long to give me the bottle so now I'm going to pucker my lips up tighter than your post-pregnancy jeans and you are never getting that bottle anywhere near my mouth' stubborn face

His 'I'm just chillin' ' face 

His 'no more pictures please' face (he pulls this one all the time)

His 'why did you stop nursing to take a picture' angry breastfeeding face

His 'I can be a happy baby too' face

His deep in thought face

His angelic face

His burp face

His 'is this hat as fabulous as me' face

His 'Mommy stole my binky and gave me this dumb rattle instead' face

His 'I love kisses' face

Day 77

Jackson day 78: 2136 grams or 4 lbs 11 oz. 11 weeks old! He's doing great. They've turned his oxygen flow down to .3 liters per minute. In the last 24 hours he's eaten 6 out of 8 feedings. He's made huge progress with eating. So much so that the nurse told me to go to the CPR class tonight because he may be out of the NICU by the time they offer it next week! Fingers crossed. FOJSP! 


2 comments:

  1. He is getting so big! I can't get enough of the hat picture, hilarious! So glad to hear he is making progress and getting closer to heading home. I think of you often and send good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kari! Your little girl is adorable too! She looks so much like you.

      Delete