Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hello Hormones, Goodbye Brain

Oh boy have the hormones started to set in! You know that moment when you know you are about to cry and you know it is completely irrational but there is no stopping it? Welcome to my life. All. The. Damn. Time. Here's a list of really awesome, completely senseless reasons I've cried lately:


  • I had to change doctors from a female doctor to a male doctor, so I cried on the phone to the receptionist
  • Again with the doctor's receptionist, I wanted to make my appointment for Friday, she said they only had Wednesday available. So I bawled like a baby. (I bet OB/GYN receptionists get this a lot. If so my apologies to them everywhere)
  • Biggest Loser makeover reveal week. Enough said. Pass the tissues.
  • Hunter left to go out of town on a Tuesday. I was going to meet him Thursday morning. I cried for three hours. 
  • I only had 20 minutes at work to run and grab some lunch. I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat and was really stressed out by this decision. So I wandered down 25th street crying until I decided on a sandwich. 
I know there have been countless other times. I'll try to keep a running list for future updates. But if you see a pregnant girl crying for no apparent reason, just give her a tissue, some chocolate, and walk away slowly.

To make room for all these hormones I think my brain has checked out, hopefully not permanently. I literally cannot send a text, IM, or email without forgetting at least one crucial word. Go ahead, re-read this blog I guarantee there are sentences all over the place that you're like, Huh? What was she trying to say? Its like real life mad libs. Just start filling in the blank with the noun/verb/adjective of your choosing.

Me: "I'm running to the ____ after work, do you need anything?"
You: Circus? Sure, I'll take an elephant! 

See how fun this can be?

In other fabulous news, no gestational diabetes for this girl! I celebrated with a box of donut holes. 

Photo Credit: Pregnantchicken.com


No comments:

Post a Comment