Sunday, June 29, 2014

Goodbye Utah

Moving Day Eve. It is such a bittersweet night. Tomorrow we will say goodbye to our friends, family, and first home. 

A house that Hunter and I literally poured our blood, sweat, and tears into with countless renovations. A house that taught us we are just not DIY kind of people despite our best intentions...we get it done but we usually learn how to do it the hard way along the way. Long nights into the early morning painting rooms. An entire summer dedicated to a sprinkler system, fence, and landscaping. Roughly 900 trips to the hardware store. 

A house that Hunter and I planned a wedding in, became Husband and Wife, and welcomed our beautiful baby boy home to.

A house that I thought I hated and made countless threats to destroy it. I have actually grown to love and am going to miss. (Even the dungeon wall in the basement, because how many people can say they have a dungeon in their basement?) This house taught us patience. It taught us strength and skills I didn't know I had. It showed me how truly talented my husband is. It taught us that it really doesn't matter where you live, it's who you're with that matters. And if I do say so, it turned out beautiful after all that work. 

A house that became a home. 

A home we now say goodbye to and start our next adventure in Gillette, Wyoming as a family. It is sad to say goodbye but it has been a long 6 months with Hunter working in Wyoming and only home on the weekends and we can't wait to be a family together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment